Friday, June 23, 2006

Oh My God!!!


It was late night sometime after dinner when I was sitting with my parents and watching a comedy show and suddenly my phone started ringing. I got a call from my friend telling me that I had to believe that one of our classmate Mr.PK (virar ka Baccha) of my own age got married the same morning! Stumped? Confused? Puzzled? Perplexed? Bewildered? At sea? Amused? Baffled? Mystified? Bamboozled? Bemused? Was I dreaming? I asked him whether he meant real marriage... a wedding... a ceremony? It’s just a fact that everyone in my college and everywhere else had to believe. I wished I had a cigarette in my hand to just check if I was in my senses. It was that type of a moment where everyone can pause together and say, “Oh My God!” just like Janice Litman Goralnik nee Hosenstein or just Janice for most of us (Chandlers ex-girlfriend with her irritating, nasal voice, heavy New York accent, obnoxious laugh) in the popular television sitcom Friends, played by Maggie Wheeler or when eyes pop out in cartoons or when the phone and the bags falls off from your hands in a regular hindi soap after finding out about an unknown incidence… I mean he’s just 21 and even his graduation results are not out yet. And the girl Ms.G she’s just 20 studying in a regular mumbai college not even graduated yet!! I never thought this could happen somewhere in my very own peer circle, or with someone whom I knew. I thought I had always been acquainted with normal people who don’t require an extra dose. I went in a trance for quite sometime and then here I’m posting this permanently into meandmyfrequency. Now I’m pretty fine with it cause the best part is their parents are ok with it too! And the bestest part is it was decided only yesterday night! And the better than the bestest part is that the girls parents thought that Mr.PK is a use and throw girls type of a guy (I thought that too) and thus were against their relationship (which may be not more than a year old) and so Mr.PK and Ms.G (now Mrs.GK) thought that marriage is the only way to prove their honest, truthful, sincere love to their parents. And they thus had a nice full-fledged marriage with the pundits and the garlands etc etc. Mr.PK is going to be with me in Kolkata in another week, which makes me feel really weird and wonderful about conversing with him. Today is their 1st night after marriage… I’m really getting some weird thoughts that I need to stop. Anyways… that’s his life though. I really wish Mr. and Mrs. K (never addressed any of my peers like that before…may be even I've grown up) a happy married life! And I’m really hoping they don’t do anything more stupid and play safe for few years more cause you know they don’t even earn their own living yet…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Seeking Possibility in Every Opportunity